Old November 22nd, 2013, 12:50 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Default Grandeur of the Seas to Bermuda Nov 1, 2013

On Thu, 21 Nov 2013 22:16:19 -0500, Bill
wrote:

On 11/21/2013 4:57 PM, wrote:

We had a little piece of paper which told us what discounts our
level of Crown & Anchor were entitled to. The only one I was
interested in was the internet. I had to go to the computer cafe
to sign in, and then configure my computer to use the RCCI wi-fi
(which I could use in the cabin - and the internet was fairly
fast). The $400 package was 25 cents a minute, and I was
entitled to a discount if I signed up on the first day. But
there was no way I could tell if they had given it to me or not
until I got my final bill.

Thanks for the review. We were on Grandeur several years ago and it was
our least favorite Royal Caribbean ship (nothing much to do and I didn't
like the lack of free food options like they have on the Promenade on
larger ships - do they still charge for pastries at the coffee shop if
you don't get a drink?). As for your Internet bill, couldn't you have
checked your current bill via the TV, or asked for a bill at guest
services? That should have showed the charge, along with any OBC you
might have had.

Bill

I could have gone to Guest Services, but there didn't seem to be
an option to check the bill on TV. Royal has apparently
eliminated the option to have an internet person so there's no
one in the internet area to ask.

I don't know about the pastries as we didn't go to the coffee
shop - we don't drink coffee

We have only been on two Royal ships because we like to sail out
of Baltimore, and there have been only two that were sailing out
of there.

We sailed on Grandeur out of Baltimore in 2007 and after that
cruise Bob hated it so much that he said he was never going to go
on another cruise. But since I had already booked another cruise
a week later, he obviously has not stuck to that.

Then we did a back to back out of Baltimore on Enchantment which
had been stretched and Grandeur was better because on Enchantment
they had not added seats in the Lido or theatre so there was
never a place to sit in the Lido and you had to go really early
to get a seat for the shows.