Old April 25th, 2006, 09:27 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Default trip to usa in december/january

cora wrote:

Then off to Page, St George for 1 night then Las Vegas for 3 nights.
From Las Vegas we plan to fly to New York and MAYBE drive to Niagara
Falls.
I am really worried about how cold it is over there in winter and also
if it would be too crowded in New York before Christmas.
The shops over here get absolutely mad pre-xmas, so I was wondering if
it the same over there.

Count on stores and malls being madhouses before Christmas. Even worse are
are Christmas sales.

Niagara Falls in beautiful in the winter. Winter temperatures around here
(Niagara) tend to hover just under freezing for most of the winter with
the odd warm spell and the odd cold snap. There is no telling when they
might come, though they are more likely in January or February.