Old April 8th, 2004, 11:40 PM
Tim Kroesen

Default "Americans not getting bang for buck in Europe"

She survived; heroic enough IMO and most of the countries too. We're
likewise glad you survived your latest 'tour'...

Tim K

"Miguel Cruz" wrote in message
Tim Kroesen wrote:
"Miguel Cruz" wrote:
I'd bet there are 50 city cops in the USA who distinguish

themselves as
greater heroes every single day.

She was a Pentagon PR machine creation, plain and simple. A way to

rally
little minds behind a war that was failing to produce enough Good

News
stories. The sort of thing that would make a Pravda manager proud.

So anyone who believes she acted heroically has a "little mind"?

What did she do that was heroic? What could she have done differently

to be
less heroic? This is the key question (and the one you will avoid).

The little mind takes the use of the word "heroic" at face value and

then
doesn't bother considering the facts behind the story.

She was placed in the situation of wounded POW as a PR stunt??

As I understand it, she wasn't a POW. She was immobilized due to her
injuries and in a civilian hospital. Her "rescue" consisted of showing

up
and collecting her, with the ready assistance of her Iraqi caretakers.

I've
been rescued from the hospital under similar circumstances (i.e., some
people come to pick me up and the hospital lets me go). Where's my

Time
magazine cover?

Pravda never got it right???

Sometimes they did. It wasn't their primary goal though.

miguel
--
Hit The Road! Photos and tales from around the world:

http://travel.u.nu