Old January 30th, 2004, 07:03 PM
David Bennetts

Default Where to stay (Barcaldine and Longreach)

"Hallvard Tangeraas" wrote in message
om...
I'll be going to Barcaldine and Longreach soon, but I'm not quite sure
about the accommodations. A friend of mine recommended Barcaldine as I
wanted to see more of the outback and non-touristy Australia, and
knows someone owning a pub there with the option to stay there as
well, but I'm not sure about the price.

I think he spoke of something around AU$ 60 a night, which is quite
expensive for me (I've been staying at dorms all the way in this
country, paying around AU$ 20 a night) -are there cheap places to stay
at those two places (Longreach and Barcaldine)?
I've searched the net but found nothing, but then again not everybody
has a website or information about their place....

Hallvard+

Check with the following website - you may have to phone the tourist
information centre at each town:
http://www.action-graphics.com.au/ma...focentres.html

THere's also pubs and caravan parks listed at www.walkabout.com.au

Regards