Old June 19th, 2010, 04:15 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

Default Norwegian Gem

"Paul Krause" wrote in message
news
The Gem experience is similar to the Dawn. Unlike the Dawn, the Gem has
its spa in the front of the ship. With huge windows we found it the
perfect spot for sail away in January.

Other differences

One lounge has a bowling alley
the Blue lagoon is above the atrium which is very noisy.

The atrium has a HUGE video screen for Wii tournaments, videos and
commercials. There is no such thing as quiet or peace there.

Absolutely loved the Spirit and the Dawn. Prefer both to the Gem but
overall a decent ship. You'll have a good time.

Paul

Paul, did you take the Mediterranean itinerary while on the Gem?
I just wondered if the itinerary might make a difference as far as the quiet
and peace on the ship.
Thank you for responding to my inquiries.

--Jean