Old February 5th, 2004, 01:16 AM
Mark T. Evert

Default Travelling to Rio

We stayed at the Debret a year ago and it was a very good value with simple,
tasteful rooms. It is near the south end of Copacobana Beach and an easy
walk to Impanema. Spring for the oceanfront room....the view is great.
Don't know about the "guest" policies, but suspect it isn't a problem. The
desk clerk can arrange sightseeing tours.

Rio isn't the safest place in the world, but if you use common sense you
should be OK. The tourist areas seem pretty well patrolled in the daytime
anyway. Be careful at night on Copa. Impanema is a safer bet.
"Jason Martz" wrote in message
om...
I'm travelling to Rio in a month AFTER Carnival and wanted to know
whether anyone has good info on where to stay in Copa -- im
considering California Othon and Debret -- and what their "guest
policies" are. Since it's my first trip out there I'm also wondering
whether it's safe; whether i need guide to show me around.

Does anyone have any links for the hotels with the biggest suites and
rooms?

pretty much anything people can tell me would be helpful.

thanks,
jay