Old September 19th, 2009, 11:16 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Rudy[_1_]

Default Getting insurance

What exactly do you mean by "travel insurance"?

I thought that was a generic term.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travel_insurance lists Medical insurance,
trip cancellation insurance, rental car insurance and goes on and on and
on.

When we buy "health" insurance here for our trip, we call it Medical
Insurance... It isnt lumped in with a bunch of other types.
You may get an "All in One" type policy there. We generally don't get the
same in Canada.

Our Signature VISA card carried "included" car rental insurance for the
holders of same but not medical insurance and all the others.
Interestingly, I couldn't find any company in Canada where I could buy
Rental car insurance for our trip to "OZ" so was happy that VISA provided
it.
Often, buying daily rental car insurance costs as much as actually renting
the car.