Old February 24th, 2013, 01:28 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mike Lane[_2_]

Default European Resturant Food prices

Martin wrote on Feb 23, 2013:

On Sat, 23 Feb 2013 18:36:29 +0000, (David Horne)
wrote:

Martin wrote:

On Sat, 23 Feb 2013 17:47:31 +0000,
(David Horne)
wrote:

Martin wrote:

[]
UK probably has the cheapest meals available in restaurants in
Europe, thanks to the chains that Mitchel and Butlers, Whitbread and
similar own. Most UK supermarkets have a cafe/restaurant offering very
cheap meals too, without them some OAPs would starve.

For lunch we went to Carcluccio's and had the 'trio' for £20. Same as
the last time we were the seafood linguini, gnocchi, venison
tortelloni. Delicious and certainly filling for two adults...

http://www.carluccios.com/menus/manc...s/pasta-dishes
Sounds good!

I meant these sort of places serving food at Alfred M. prices

I know!

http://www.mbplc.com/ourbrands/crowncarveries/

http://www.crowncarveries.co.uk/offe...tedbreakfasts/
"Join us early doors at The Drawbridge in Rotherham and set yourself
up for the day with an unlimited cooked breakfast fit for a king -
only £3.99 from Saturday to Sunday"

http://www.crowncarveries.co.uk/thed...sundaycarvery/
"from Monday to Saturday we offer two carvery sizes to suit your
appetite: the smaller carvery at just £3.69** (a perfect kids' meal),
and the Crown carvery at £4.19. Why not max your meal by adding The
Works for just £1.50 extra"

I haven't been to those types of places much- certainly good value...
when working outside Watford recently, those of us staying in the Hilton
went to the Toby Carvery next door for breakfast because it was much
cheaper.

If we have breakfast on the ferry, first we have to get up very early
and secondly it costs almost £20 for the two of us. If we hang on
until we get to a Crown it costs us around £12 with coffee.
If we go in a Morrison's it costs us about £7. All are better than
the last breakfast that we had on the ferry. Morrison's seem to feed a
lot of OAPs.

If you're talking about the P&O North Sea ferries, we've long come to the
conclusion that their on-board meals are a total waste of money. They seem to
cater for the all-the-garbage-you-can-eat brigade who don't seem to mind
paying eye-watering prices. For breakfast we go to the coffee bar and have a
coffee and croissant for a fiver or so, which is still expensive but at least
reasonably palatable.

--
Mike Lane
UK North Yorkshire