Old December 8th, 2003, 07:35 PM
David Seifert

Default taxi lax to long beach pier

Not to get in a ****ing match about whether downtown Long Beach has
good dining options but... Your selection of places is all over the
map. The Colonial Buffet (a favorite for the "early bird special"
set) would never be confused as a fine dining experience and the Long
Beach Cafe is barely recognizable as an eating experience. It gives
greasy spoons a bad name. Super Mex is expensive? Kings Fish House
isn't a great restaurant but right next door is Alegria, a very nice
Spanish Tapas restaurant.

Bet you didn't try 555 (around the corner from Long Beach Cafe and
Colonial Buffet) or the Rock Bottom Brewery or Mums (around the corner
from Kings Fish House). I said Long Beach has some great dining
options, I never they were cheap (they seldom are).

David

(steve) wrote in message ...
great dining in long beach? last time downtown on pine at kings fish
house paid 18.95 for halibut a small piece wasnt that good. colonial
buffet only ok super mex good but expensive roscoes expensive
didnt like chicken long beach cafe prices gone outta site.