Old February 20th, 2006, 08:51 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Celebrity Infinity vs Mercury?

On 2/19/06 10:44 PM Odysseus consulted a Magic 8 Ball and declared:
I am considering taking a Celebrity Mexican Riviera cruise. The
Infinity and Mercury both leave on April 17. The cruise fare
(with single supplement) for a basic outside cabin on the Infinity
is $730 more than the Mercury. I know that the Infinity is a newer
and nicer ship. But is it worth $730 more than the Mercury?

The Mercury is one of the older ships in the Celebrity fleet and is
often used for large group charters like Atlantis and Olivia. Unless
it's recently been to dry dock what this translates into is more ware
and tare on the ship. If you don't mind sailing on a ship that has seen
a lot of use, go for it. Sounds like a good price to me either way.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera