Old January 22nd, 2007, 08:26 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Rudy

Default Car Rental @ SYD Monthly/Weekly Rates ?

We are flying into SYD in Feb and plan a 6 week walkabout (by car).

I've looked at Orbitz and found a Dodge Lancer compact for $ 29.99/day,
unlimited Mileage (Kilometer-age?).
Orbitz shows you the "big 5" and their prices are very similar.
There doesn't seem to be any better rate for monthly or even weekly rentals
like they have in N. America.

Doesn anyone who's actually IN Australia know of any Car hire companies
that have Monthly or Weekly rates AND unlimited 'miles' ?

Also I did note that to rent a car at the SYD airport (VS "in town" Sydney)
carries an extra fee/tax of over $ 100.00

I guess I'll be renting in the City !