Old May 29th, 2004, 09:40 PM
Professional Dad

Default German rail fares

...... The advantage to arriving and buying the
tickets is if our plane is late in which case we could miss our booked
train. However, if it's cheaper to buy the tickets on-line I'll do
that and risk the plane being on time. (They always are unless you
really need them to be...)...

I am trying to help my parents with some similar travel plans. They
will travel from FRA airport to Hannover on an ICE train. I'm not sure
if anyone really addressed this in their replies to your posting. What
if you DO book a ticket in advance and your plane IS late? Can that
ticket be used on a later train? Is there a service charge for
switching to a later run? Is there the risk that a later train is
booked and you can't switch?

Also, they plan to make it a round trip back to Frankfurt. I didn't
notice anything on the Die Bahn site about getting a discount for
booking the round trip ticket. Is the discount built into the price
they show already or do I have to hunt around for it?

Any help is appreciated...ProDad