Old March 31st, 2007, 11:17 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
RAK

Default Singapore Airline has boxes installed underneath seats

"April 2007" wrote in message
. ..
I also understand Singapore Airline's 747 flying between SFO and HKG also
has boxes under seats. Can anyone confirm exact box locations so that we
can
avoid it. Thank you.

Those boxes are for the entertainment systems - the downside of having one
of the best inflight systems around, on-demand movies in economy. They seem
to be placed every few rows. As far as I remember they are usually under
aisle seats in the outer rows of seats. They may be somewhere in the central
rows but I never fly there (being a window seat fan on longhaul).

There are so many I think you will have trouble finding out where they all
are. If you are doing seat allocation at checkin you can ask to avoid them,
but I think if you book your seat online or over the phone in advance it
think it's just luck.
It may even vary between 747 models (and of course some long hauls are not
747s)