Old April 18th, 2009, 09:13 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim.....

Default Oyster card de-/reactivation?

"Georg Schwarz" wrote in message
e...
I've got a non-personalised, pre-pay London Transport Oyster card that
was last used in December 2007. Must I assume it has been deactivated by
now? If I give it to someone travelling to the UK, can he top it up
again at Heathrow airport and immediately reuse it? Or does it require a
more elaborate reactivation procedure?

can you open an "account" with it here?

https://oyster.tfl.gov.uk/oyster/gue...method=display

Doing this anonymously will tell you the status of the card.

If you register with an address you can do more, but other comments suggest
that you can only do this with a UK address.

tim