Old June 28th, 2010, 07:44 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Default London travel advice needed

On Jun 28, 1:59*am, "tim...." wrote:
If you stay inside Zones 1 and 2 a weekly ticket is equivalent to 14 single
journeys so does look useful even for only 5 days, though it wont cover
trips to/from the airport.

When I wanted to go from LHR to London, I got an Oyster card for zones
1-2, and I told the ticket agent that I wanted to add some cash to
cover the supplement for the rides from and to the airport. Back in
those days, the supplement was about £1.5 each way. Also, there was a
refundable £3 deposit for the shorter passes that was not assessed for
the one-week card.