Old June 27th, 2004, 04:19 PM
Tim Kroesen

Default Canadians, Kiwis, Aussies and their flags

In my recent Three weeks in Europe I can recall but One person whom I
could ID as an American via 'patriotic garb'...

Then of course where the Two ladies at Keukenhof whom I ID'd as American
Mennonites (Amish) via their garb; while everyone else there thought
them local workers 'in costume'...g

Tim K

"Dave Smith" wrote in message
zzyyxx wrote:

Americans *rarely* display a flag on their backpack or whatnot. It

is much
more common for Canadians to do so, and even some Kiwis and Aussies.

You have got to be kidding. I don't think that anything could be

further from
the truth. I deal with a lot of Americans on the job and live in an

area where
there are a lot of American tourists. It's not just the flags and

flag decals
on their cars, but the Stars and stripes motif is incorporated in

hats,
jackets, sweaters, sweat shirts, T shirts, shorts, pants, dresses,

earrings.

Like you wouldn't be able to tell from their accents!

I assure you that almost no European will be able to distinguish

between
the accents of Canadians & Americans. Lots of Canadians sound just
like Midwestern Americans except for the occasional difference in

"out"
("oot") as in "about."

True. But they should be able to distinguish between American and
Kiwi/Aussie.