Old December 22nd, 2005, 01:26 PM posted to rec.travel.budget.backpack,rec.travel.europe

Default Backpacking in Europe - suggestions?

In rec.travel.europe erilar wrote:
In article , Viking
wrote:

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 19:58:46 GMT, Jason T.
wrote:

Any input? I just got my plan ticket! I will be backpacking around
Europe with a friend next summer. I haven't traveled much. It will be
the first time I stay in hostels and I will have to be tight on the
money situation. What should I bring to save money? We are headed to
England, Ireland, France, Germany and possibly Poland. Anything I should
definitely see or do?

Yep. When in Germany, go to Austria. Definitely more beautiful.

Depends on which part of Germany you're comparing it to, but it is also
a great country 8-)

Yeah. I'd find it difficult to find a place more beautiful than the Rhine
Gorge, with all the castles and little towns. Or the beautiful Harz mountains,
not as dramatic as the Alps but very lovely. Or the view from Kaiserstuehl in
the area of the Schwartzwald, with it's view into a half a dozen countries.

Julie

--
Mary Loomer Oliver (aka Erilar), biblioholic medievalist

There is no such thing as too many books.

Too few bookshelves can, however, be a problem.

http://www.airstreamcomm.net/~erilarlo

--
Julie