Old April 22nd, 2015, 05:18 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Spehro Pefhany

Default Bing search engine results in China

On Sat, 18 Apr 2015 23:27:57 +0200, the renowned Alfred Molon
wrote:

Currently in Beijing. Since Google is unavailable, I have to use Bing.

A Bing search for "pronomen" (German for "pronoun") returns no results,
only the following text:

"Your country or region requires a strict Bing SafeSearch setting, which
filters out results that might return adult content. To learn more about
SafeSearch requirements in your country or region, see How Bing delivers
search results."

I'll have to use another search engine for this search.

Works okay for me via a China proxy.

Eg. http://www.godic.net/dict/Pronomen

First time it asked what language it was, and I answered Deutsche..

Maybe it thinks you're looking for something more... graphic.

--sp