Old October 29th, 2011, 05:38 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Earl_Colby_Pottinger

Default Alaska Cruise

On Oct 28, 9:28*pm, Bill wrote:
On 10/28/2011 10:25 AM, wrote:

For Alaska the cruise line I would recommend would be Holland
American. *They have two week cruises. *Carnival only has 7 day
cruises and the longest Princess ones are 10 days.

That's really only beneficial if you just want to stay on the ship the
whole way and go round trip back to Vancouver (or is it Seattle?).
You're better off doing a cruisetour and taking a one week cruise
combined with 4-7 days on land, so you can see Denali and other sites
the ship can't get to.

First, we are based in Toronto Canada. Vancouver/Seattle would not be
a problem.

Second, can we do a cruise-tour within our budget? Including air-
fare?

If I am missing a package please reply. I have a good travel agent,
but 90% plus of his business is in the warmer climates. So I am
looking for second opinions.