Old December 24th, 2003, 01:03 PM
Riaz Osmani

Default NWA in-flight service is not so Welcoming!

"Craig" wrote in message et...
Normally I don't get involved with these types of discussions, but thought
I'd enter a few words on NW's behalf. I've flown them many times
trans-Pacific and a few times domestic, and have never had a complaint about
service. It's always been efficient (although perhaps not as courteous as
it could be), but they have never been rude nor have I witnessed them being
rude to another passenger. Meal service was palatable, with hot towel and
ice cream service also being offered. I also commend them once for holding
our connecting flight for around half an hour when our plane arrived late
due to a mechanical problem. (And on that flight my wife and I were using
non-revenue tickets!) Every airline has a bad flight once in a while, but
NWA is no worse than any other airline. Most of the time they offer
efficient service...that is all I expect and all I demand of them.
Craig

NW may be efficient. But that is because that is the least we could
expect from an airline. How horrible it would be for us and NW itself
if they were inefficient in their service. Holding onwards flights for
delayed connections is standard on many international trips (not so
standard in US domestic). On top of this efficiency (in serving drinks
and meals), flights attendants should excel in being polite and
friendly. On top of that they need to be patient and perceptive when
language barriers arise (neither yelling nor ignoring is an option).
An airline needs to invest in new aircraft and strive to have cutting
edge inflight entertainment systems. Seats should be more comfortable
than rivals. Meal service should be a delight and not a turn off.
Let's see now. Northwest fails on all of these accounts. There are
many airlines (mostly non US) that make an effort to achieve these
goals. They succeed to varying levels. Northwest is indeed worse than
these other airlines.

Riaz