Old May 15th, 2006, 05:10 PM posted to rec.travel.africa

Default Where to get marry??

In message .com
wrote:

Now we are considering Southern India, we know that there are Christian
minorities..
Maybe we can find something in Africa..

Quite a number of places in Kenya do weddings. Lots of places on the
coast, one of my collegues was married there last summer, but I don't
think that's what you want.
Some of the lodges also do weddings, e.g. Shimba Hills (on a high
walkway at canopy height) and Ol Tukai - you'd need to check these two
as they've changed ownership.

The most romantic I've seen in a magazine was in the expensive lodge
in Meru, where you can choose the location you want to be married in.

(If all else fails, you can get a religious (but not civil) wedding
anywhere you like in Scotland so long as a suitable person (priest or
minister) will agree to do the wedding. I was married in a garden, and
I've heard of a couple being married underwater by a diving minister,
and all sorts of others.)

The thing is, wherever you choose there are going to be arrangements
that have to be made in advance, you might need residency for so many
days etc. It is advisable to take professional advice to make sure, if
it's important to you, that you are actually legally married. You
can't just roll up at a lovely quiet spot, grab a passing priest and
way "We will". Ironically, the nearest you can get to that is
probably Las Vegas, but even there you have to go through some sort of
legal formality before rolling up to your drive-in wedding chapel.

Safari njema, or slainte as the case may be.

Good luck for your future together.

Liz

--
http://www.v-liz.com Kenya; Tanzania; Namibia; India; Galapagos