Old February 22nd, 2004, 09:18 PM
Vicky

Default Looking for travel advice

In article , MJL
wrote:

I am looking to arrange a honeymoon trip to Europe at the end of
September (~27th). We will have about a month to travel, we will be
flying out of Vancouver, BC - and our basic plan is to fly into Rome
and travel throughout Italy, Spain and Portugal and then fly home from
Lisbon.

My instinct is that this is a little ambitious, depending on what
places you intend to visit in the three countries. For example, when I
traveled through Spain, I had two weeks planned and still didn't get to
see as much as I wanted. The same goes for Italy (two weeks just for
Rome, Florence and Venice). Personally, one month is probably just
enough time travel all through Italy alone. But you can definitely
make it work if you are specific in what cities/towns you want to
visit. Since you'll be on a honeymoon, you'd want to travel at a more
leisurly pace, I am sure.

I have visited
travel agents but right now they are basically telling me that its
still to early to be planning for that time.

Others have recommended we fly round-trip to London to make it cheaper
and use London as the start and end-points of our trip. While it
would be nice to include London, I don't want to plan too much for one
trip. I feel like we would waste a significant amount of time getting
to Rome from London and then getting back to London at the end.

It could be that it's still too early to get the fall rates for
airfares, but the London option isn't really that time consuming. From
London, you can fly out to a city and come back from another easily.
For instance, fly from London to Rome, and then come back from
Barcelona. Just need to use low-cost airlines like easyjet or
something.

On the other hand, I am extremely biased, and I always recommend
stopping by London. I love London (I wish I still live there!) and
it's a nice way to spend a couple of days there having a few pints at
some pub before I return home from my trip. But that's obviously a
personal choice.

Hope this helps!

-Vicky