Old July 2nd, 2010, 11:23 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Manfred Aigner

Default Stopover for 4 days in Bangkok

schrieb Chris Blunt:
[..]
Hmmm... then you probably won't like Pattaya either.
What about Koh Samed? Or a bit farther away: Koh Chang?

Thailand has been so successful at promoting the country over the last
couple of decades that a nice beach with facilities but few tourists
is just about nonexistent these days.

Well, there are places where a lot of package tourists typically go
(Phuket, Krabi), with a lot of "entertainment-facilities" and others
that are less exploited and still more quiet/relaxed (e.g. Koh Tao or Ko
Phangan) ... recently (~2 years ago) I spent some very relaxing days in
Samui/Hat Lamai .. the question is, if there is something similar a bit
closer to BKK airport (in terms of traveling time and cost) so that it
is worth going there for 3 days ... this is what we are looking for ..
it is clear that we will not reach a totally unexplored area in this
short time ...

Manfred