Old July 5th, 2010, 11:31 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Manfred Aigner

Default Stopover for 4 days in Bangkok

schrieb Markku Grönroos:
[..]

Weatherwise Samet is probably a winner over these beach destinations in
Southern Thailand because it rains a lot less there in September in average.
Hua Hin and Cha Am could be also attractive choices in this respect. [..]

Thanks for your detailed answer ... I think it will be Samet ... looks
nice and easy to get there ... any suggestions for a nice area/hotel
there? How long will it probably take to get from the airport with a
driver to the boat and organize the boat trip? And how much will
driver charge?

Bali is off course a good idea, but since we are anyway between two long
haul flights I want to avoid another flight that is quite long ...

Regards,

Manfred