Old December 12th, 2008, 07:37 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.australia+nz
mcdonaldREMOVE TO ACTUALLY REACH [email protected]

Default Report from the US, a nice but somewhat backward country.

Lawrence Akutagawa wrote:

I trust you were able to range as far north as Bodie and perhaps as
far east as Zion. You next go, try working in Bryce, Capitol Reef,
Arches,
Canyonlands, Dead Horse Point, Goblin Valley, Mesa Verde, Monument
Valley,
etc. You won't regret doing so.

(Without looking them up,) Most of the places you mention don't ring a
bell. To be clear, we visited only California (and a tiny bit (Pahrump)
of Nevada) and only a *part* of CA (see above).

"those places" are "just" east of where you were in California. They
are past the southern tip of Nevada over in (mostly) Utah.

They are the "high desert" that is so iconic of the American west.
You know, the big red sandstone formations. Ultra spectacular.

Doug McDonald