Old January 10th, 2008, 07:17 PM posted to rec.travel.air,alt.nuke.the.usa
Greg Procter

Default Greg Procter Threa Tip

Craig Welch wrote:

Greg Procter wrote:
Craig Welch wrote:
Greg Procter wrote:

You're surely not mistaking the NZ Dollar for the US dollar??? Ours has
just one line through it ($)
As does the US$.

Unless you use a font that has two lines.

I'm typing using a font with one line - you yanks are reading something
that isn't there.

You don't type 'in' a font. You just type.

Very true, Doppy, but you read in a font.
When I press the "$" key the character "$" pops on my screen in the font
I have selected. When my post hits your screen the character appears in
the font you have selected.

Your news client will have some font selected to display what you type.

My news client will have some font selected to display what you typed.

They might (although I doubt it) be the same font. So you might see one
line and I might see two; or vice versa.

Sure - but I typed the character that appears on my keyboard with a
single downstroke.