Old May 1st, 2010, 01:17 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

Default Golden Princess Vista Suite - Poor Vista

On 4/30/2010 9:02 PM, J Carnaghie wrote:
We had Vista Suite F315 on the Golden Princess round trip LA-Hawaii in
mid April 2010. The cabin was spacious and handicapped accommodating. It
had one flat screen TV and two large windows that were only usable from
waist high [large wooden barrier and desk] when you could see out of
them. The salt spray covered the windows quite effectively most of the
time with a thick layer of salt. Not a big problem on this trip, but if
you are going to go on a trip where looking out and seeing clearly
clearly is important, be warned. The ship's anemic attempt to wash off
the salt when we arrived in Hawaii was a farce. A weak spray of water
with no brushing or wiping. Why Princess built these cabins with no
outside window cleaning capability is beyond understanding.

The noise from the newly "activated" atrium was unreal and the smoke
from the cigar bar was very strong in the cabin, until we closed the
fire door leading into the atrium. We then had a nice "private corridor"
and at least a moderate smoke smell.

The cabin you had is listed as a "Window Suite", not a Vista Suite....
and unfortunately, the one you had is the closest to the Atrium with all
the noise, etc that goes along with it. Of course, the cabin you had is
handicapped accessible and if you need that type of cabin, a choice of
location or category is not always possible.

Thanks for the report about this cabin. I sell a lot of HA cabins and
this sounds like one to avoid if possible.

--

George Leppla

Countryside Travel http://www.CruiseMaster.com
Blog http://cruisemaster.typepad.com/my_weblog/