Old October 5th, 2009, 09:16 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
A Mate[_2_]

Default Australia vs NZ

It's a matter of national pride only I suspect. The topic of currency
amalgamation has been raised at intergovernmental level - but no serious
negotiations have ever been cinducted to my knowledge.

Austr and NZ function effectively as a free trade area already, for trade
between the two countries.

"David Banes" wrote in message
Are there any advantages at all for NZ to have their own currency?
As someone who travels quite frequently, it's pretty frustrating when
i want to exchange NZD and the places have never stocked our currency.