Old August 16th, 2005, 05:17 PM
Jeff Hacker

"Captain Dondo" wrote in message
TOliver wrote:

Of course, if Delta owes you money, especially on an unsecured basis, you
might as well stop by Walgreen's and buy a big tube of that new "warming"
KY. You'll need it. The moment to really get worried is the day when
one or more of DL's "partners" quits accepting "Skymiles" travel, not
confident of DL's ability to reimburse for the tickets (even at the
reduced FF comp rate). That day's a long way off (and may be
avoidable).

Well, that brings up a point.... I have three FF tickets issued by Delta
on NW - for christmas travel. The big question I have is what happens if
Delta goes belly up by Xmas? I *think* I should be OK since I have
tickets in hand, and they are on s (so far) solvent airline....

But in the back of my mind I have a nagging doubt that somehow, if DL goes
bye bye, NW might not honor those tickets.....

NW is also on the bankruptcy watch list. . . .

So what's the scoop? If DL goes belly up, are tickets issued by them on
other airlines still good?