Old October 26th, 2007, 08:54 PM posted to rec.travel.air
irwell

Default New Trend? or Old News? ~~Mandatory~~ self check-in

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 08:54:00 -0700, wrote:

Someone I know got a free upgrade from econ to FC transatlantic, which
is as rare as hens teeth. But of course
if you do get upgraded they can sometimes change their mind before
departure ... the Lord Give'th and the Lord Take'th Away...

Have it happen twice, once from San Francisco to London on Northwest
via Minneapolis, the Air Traffic guys in London were threatening
strike action and they hurried us aboard in Minneapolis, we finished
up in First with all the trimmings etc,
Second time in Rome to New York on TWA, the counter agent said
we look tired and we would be more comfortable in First.