Old November 14th, 2003, 06:10 PM
PTRAVEL

Default TSA OK's new locks for luggage

"Robin" wrote in message
m...

"Susette405" wrote in message

Some of us don't have any other option, we routinely travel with stuff

other
than clothing. They won't let us have it all as carry on, either. Then
there's the smaller planes, where even some "carry on size" bags are

deemed

Sure you have a option... if it is very valuable and you can not carry

it
with
you then leave it at home...

We have the option to stay home because it is safer, too. But it is not

one
many of us would want to choose. Why is it asking too much to be able to
travel on a plane without having stuff stolen? We endure x-rays,

searches,
and frisking. The bags should be made tamper-proof after all that effort,
at least until they hit the conveyor belt at destination.

Having some things of "value" with me is often intrinsic to my trip!
One example, scuba gear, I carry on about $2,000 worth of stuff and check
the rest...includes buoyancy device ($400 to 500), fins ($160),
wetsuit,...it's value is not just monetary, it is safety.
I prefer to have my own good, reliable stuff when I enter an environment
that doesn't have any breathable air available. Yeah, I know, I have an
option to stay out in the air too :-)

Why wouldn't that fit in carryon? My gear, including octopus, does.