Old May 31st, 2004, 11:21 PM
Lloyd Parsons

Default GGC2005 - Pre-Vote Announcement!!!

In article kTNuc.1636$CW.24@lakeread05, Freddyp
wrote:

"Judy" wrote in message
om...
So how many times has Karen Wheelock posted on rtc?

Sue ---found no posts from Google Groups

Sue, as you know, each committee changes the RFB to their liking. We
decided the TA would not have to be an active poster in RTC to bid.
Karen has posted in the past, not very much, she is more of a lurker.
Doesn't want to get caught up in all the flame wars here.

Why would Karen want the problems of a GGC and be afraid of FLAMES at the
same time????

I would dare to say that the reason it took so long to get bids was that not
too many TA's are interested. Bad news travels fast. Could that be why you
changed the guidelines and let any yahoo bid?

Could it be that the days of the GGC are ending?

Moi

Freddy, those are good questions.

The first one, while I can't speak for her, I would think that she
might not ever post here much because of the tone of all too many
messages. While the freewheeling nature of usenet is enjoyable to me
most of the time, it isn't for everyone and I think you would agree.

She can do the GGC without doing much posting here, in fact it may even
be better than trying as many here feel that would be advertising.

And the bidding? What can I say, after last years heated remarks on
man sides, it was looking like the GGC was a thing of the past. I had
remarked on that very subject when I saw George and Peter having strong
group cruises in January 2005.

And that is why the preference voting went the way it did for later
months. The heated discussion was why when I talked to various TA's
from here, they didn't want to get into it.

I well understand. There were things said, and they way they were said
that could have been handled better. When those that were affected
spoke up, I felt like they were speaking from their hearts. But then,
the flame fanners jumped in to make bad things worse.

When I posted the call for bids, I literally expected only 2 TA's to
bid and I wasn't sure of one of them. That 4 TA's bid is amazing!

Now let's set the record straight on my travels, and which TA I use or
don't use.

I've been on a total of 4 cruises, and have one currently scheduled,
here they are and how they happened.

Tropicale 2000 - Dillards Travel -- The travel agent that I used for
air suggested a cruise when I was looking at a week on the beach
somewhere.

GGC2002 -- George Leppla -- the GGC, what can I say, I booked it with
George 'cause that is the only way you could be a part of it and I
wanted to meet many from here.

GGC2003 -- Peter Berlin -- Same thing, Peter won the bid, I wanted to
meet up with old friends, so I went.

GGC2004 -- Peter Berlin -- See GGC2003 G

GLC2005 -- Peter Berlin -- He advertised this, it had great single
rates for Celebrity, so I am going.

For the record, I like Peter and I like George -- I would not hesitate
to buy from either of them. But I also like bargains, and if I found
one from a different TA that interested me, I would pick them.

So out of all the cruises that I've been on, only one TA has called me
to sell me the cruise. In all other cases, I responded to an
advertisement that I saw in rtc or somewhere else.

And as you can see in my sig (when I remember to attach it), I"ve never
hidden the cruises I've been on.

And also for the record, I didn't ask to be the committee chair, I was
asked to take the job as no one was jumping all over themselves to
volunteer.

--
Lloyd

Carnival Tropicale 2000