Old April 15th, 2011, 01:55 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
[email protected]

Default Transit visa needed for SGN?

On Apr 6, 9:22*am, "Gerald Oliver Swift" wrote:
You need a new travel agent!

Our agent knew and confirmed that we would not need a visa since we
were only transiting through SGN. At the time, I could not contact
him, and I did not see an explicit statement on the web site for the
VN embassy.

Both AirAsia and Malaysia fly direct from KL to Siem Reap. Why a connection
in HCMC?

I got outvoted, and we will stay with VN because it is a better match
to other things in our schedule. AirAsia has one direct flight per
day that leaves too early for our group. Malaysia does not fly KUL-
REP that day or the next. But thanks for the information, since it
helped us make a more informed choice.