Old October 20th, 2012, 08:18 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
poldy

Default Weekend Advice - Geneva Switzerland

In article ,
Martin wrote:

On Thu, 18 Oct 2012 10:54:16 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Wednesday, 29 September 2004 03:19:48 UTC+2, Dave. US wrote:
I'm spending a week in Geneva Switzerland in October with a weekend
stayover and I'm looking for advice on what to see in the region.
I'll be traveling by train and most likely not renting a car. I spent
a weekend in the area in September and hit Yvoires and Lausaune and am
looking for advice on other things to see this trip.

I'm looking for somewhere interesting to spend the night on Friday and
Saturday nights outside of Geneva in cities where I could do a bit of
site-seeing during the day. I've been thinking about Friday night in
Berne and Saturday night in Montreux with a bit of site-seeing in each
city during the day.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Train to Grindelwald and then rack and pinion train to Kleine
Scheidegg.
http://www.webcam-4insiders.com/de/W...6-Kleine%20Sch
eidegg-Wetter.php

That's kind of a long ways from Geneva, isn't it? Esp. for a weekend
trip?

And why not go up to Junfrau if you're going to B.O.?