Old January 20th, 2004, 01:31 PM
Freda

Default Rockhampton-Barcaldine-Longreach by bus?

Be sure to see the Barcaldine museum at the old local
primary school building.
Its better than Longreach as far as I am concerned.
Longreach is all high tech Barcaldine is actual historical items.
They issue you with a ticket that is signed by you for
returning more than one time for the original charge.
Lots to see. Actual photos of the early history of the area.

The Great shearers strike was in that area and the
Aust. Workers Union (AWU) was started in that area
at that time.
Each old classroom is set up with a theme and display.
Freda
--
Please reply to the list as my email address is a fake
"Hallvard Tangeraas" wrote in message
om...
I'm planning to go to Barcaldine and Longreach in the not too distant
future, to see some of the "real" non-commercial, touristy Australia.

I'm in Noosa right now, so when I get to Rockhampton I plan to go to
Longreach and stay there for a little while, by train (it only goes
twice a week apparently), then take a bus back through Barcaldine,
stay there for a little while, and catch another bus back to
Rockhampton where I'll hop on a greyhound/McCafferty's bus with my
existing "hop on/hop off" ticket.

But I'm a little unsure of which buses travel this route
(Longreach-Barcaldine-Rockhampton), and how many times a week/day they
go. Any pointers?

Hallvard