Old December 8th, 2005, 12:05 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default Germany's red carpet welcome faces first World Cup test

On 8/12/05 12:49, in article
1h7920s.v2zq151i6drs9N%this_address_is_for_spam@ya hoo.com, "David Horne,
_the_ chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and prestwich tesco 24h
offy" wrote:

The writer was confusing Paris with Berlin. I found Berliners very nice.
It's not an effusive friendliness- and I found them quite laid back-
which is not to say reserved.

Could be. I never had a problem there either. Nor in Paris! That did get me
curious, however, so I googled

Berlin "poor service" and got 23,100 hits
Paris "poor service = 137,000 hits
London "poor service = 235,000 hits
Rome "poor service = 87,000 hits
New York"poor service = 268,000 hits

So Berlin is low on this poor service test. Of course these
google test are unreliable, but I don't know another course.

Otherwise we are left with people's "ain't if awful" stories.