Old December 26th, 2006, 01:31 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
Liz Leyden

Default Horseback riding safari in Tanzania

In message . com
"Dimitrie" wrote:

Hi Everybody

We are going to Tanzania in the summer of 2007 and were thinking about
also doing a riding safari. Can this be recommended for beginners with
little experience? Does anybody have any experiences with tour
organizers? Are there any budget tours available saving money be means
of accomodation? Is it best to book a tour in advance from home or when
arriving in Daare Es Salam or at any national park?

Don't know about Tz. I know you can do it in Kenya, but if the price
was budget, I'd be concerned about the care of the horses: some places
I saw clearly didn't make that a priority. I couldn't recommend any
I've seen (just a few) but I know there are more expensive ones I
haven't seen - looking at a brochure I have to hand, I see one in
Kenya 'from Loita Hills to Masai Mara', one along the Limpopo River
(Tuli Block) in South Africa, and one in Maun/Okovango in Botswana.
This is an (upper)-middle price company. Don't see one for Tz, though.

Slainte

Liz

--
http://www.v-liz.com - Kenya; Tanzania; Namibia; India; Galapagos