Old September 17th, 2008, 09:38 PM posted to rec.travel.air
yawnmoth

Default what to do with tickets i can no longer use?

On Sep 17, 3:28*pm, John Levine wrote:
ticket for the other friend. *The problem is... *what do I do with the
mid-November tickets? *They cost about $230.00. *To change one of them
to the beginning of October would result in a $250.00 change fee. *ie.
it'd probably be cheaper for me just to buy new tickets.

Really? *The change fee is usually more like $100. *What's the city pair
and date and fare, so we can look up the actual rules?

AUS to JFK, with a layover in DFW.

Anyway, the $250.00 figure is based on something I was told when going
from AUS to LHR. If the change rates are variable, however... that's
a bit different. The tickets are Economy Super Saver...