Old September 25th, 2003, 07:42 AM
XOR

Default Ireland, November Weather?

wrote in message ...
In article ,

(Padraig Breathnach) wrote:

wrote:

A day will more than suffice for Kilkenny, though. Probably the nicest
town around there in which to *stay* (though it has few tourist sights

per se) is Wexford.

There are other attractive towns in the south-east. Off-hand, I don't
think any is worth more than a day. Move around, and sample.

Oh, indeed. New Ross, Enniscorthy and Clonmel come to mind as places where
one could happily spend a night -- although, as you say, none of them is
very large or by any means a must-see.

I only recommended Wexford because I think it is considerably nicer than
either Kilkenny or Waterford. Not much to actually *do* there apart from
eat and drink well, though.

Having just passed through there, I would second that. However, on a
Sunday night it seemed incredibly difficult to find a place to eat in
Wexford. (Few restaurants were open, and the pubs that were didn't
have food) We did manage to find a nice restaurant open - Heaven's
Above - which was very good. For accommodation, I'd highly recommend
McMenamin's (spelling may be off...) B&B across from the ferry - I can
search for exact details if interested. Lovely place and lovely
people, and the breakfast was far and I away the best I've ever had.