Old February 20th, 2006, 05:52 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Celebrity Infinity vs Mercury?

Brian K wrote:
The Mercury is one of the older ships in the Celebrity fleet and is
often used for large group charters like Atlantis and Olivia.

Actually, it's Infinity and the other Millie class ships that Atlantis
uses when they charter from Celebrity.

I prefer the "older" ships of the various cruise lines. They offer
what's most important to me (an ocean beyond the railings and windows)
at lower fares. The decor may be slightly blemished or outdated but the
vessels themselves are no less glorious than when they were launched.
It's the gimmicky areas of the ships (that rarely interest me) that
rapidly seem to lose the most luster.

Warren