Old February 22nd, 2006, 03:54 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Celebrity Infinity vs Mercury?

Tom K wrote:

"Odysseus" wrote in message news:hWaKf.786796$_o.703980@attbi_s71...

I am considering taking a Celebrity Mexican Riviera cruise. The
Infinity and Mercury both leave on April 17. The cruise fare
(with single supplement) for a basic outside cabin on the Infinity
is $730 more than the Mercury. I know that the Infinity is a newer
and nicer ship. But is it worth $730 more than the Mercury?

The differences between the ships...

Mercury has a retractable roof over the solarium pool and a separate
AquaSpa. Infinity combines the 2, without a retractable roof.

The Infinity doesn't have a retractable roof or if they do, they never
opened it on our sailing. They did have windows in the roof that were
opened at times, but that is not the same thing.

sue