Old March 12th, 2006, 02:50 AM posted to soc.culture.thai,rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.malaysia,soc.culture.singapore

Default Bangkok No Fun any more

wrote:

You are so wrong on so many things it's hard to know where to start.

Thailand is a monopoly driven hell hole for business. To start
a business (unless you are from the USA) you have to have
7 thai owners along with you.

The US has an Amity treaty that allows this. The US is *not* the only
country with an Amity treaty.

Most get around this illegally
by going to a lawyer, and having 7 of his buddies sign their
shares over to you, but if you are found out, you are out of
business.

If you do business illegally in *ANY* country you run the risk of
losing it all.

To get a phone, you have to first get a line, which
may take 3 or more weeks, then you have to get a phone
number.

Wrong, wrong and wrong. In most places lines already exist if you want
a land line. But few people do. You can get a cell phone in minutes.

When I tried they kept saying bock full, bock full,
in other words they had no lines because they were all taken
in the box in my area. To get any drugs in Thailand you have to
use the Siam brand because that is all there is, it is a
total monopoly.

Wrong again. I get name brand drugs like Celebrex at any normal
pharmacy.

The phone system is one monopoly, the
the internet is a monopoly, and all just buy from that one.

There are a large number of ISPs.

So, Thai people, cease your protests for you do not know what you are
doing!!! Appreciate Thanksin(intended).

Please, if you marry a thai your children are then foreigners.

Completely wrong. All children of a Thai citizen are Thai citizens.

If you are not Thai you have to go out of the country every
2 to 3 months, or you cannot go out of the country
without their permission.

Now I understand your problem. You are a visa runner. You don't have
legal permission to live in Thailand. I don't have to leave the country
regularly but I have no problem leaving the country whenever I want.
It's a matter of having the correct visa.

a foreigner you never have
a secure existance, no matter if you marry a thai have
children, start a business and hire a 1000 thais. At
the whim of the state you can be kicked out of Thailand
and your visa denied.

Really? Of course that's technically possible anywhere, but perhaps
you'd like to enlighten us about someone who was married to a Thai and
had children and started a business and was kicked out "on a whim".

That is why Thailand will never be
anything but a third world nation, unless it changes this.
No one in their right mind is going to invenst in this
type of situation. You cannot even own the land under
your business.

Yes you can if it is a legally registered business with Thai partners.