Old August 29th, 2007, 09:17 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.asia
William Black

Default How to pack light, some tips

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
William Black wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote in message
William Black wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote in message

Don't know about him, but this is me five minutes before leaving
for
my last vacation.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1251/...45cbc838_b.jpg

There are both DSLR with lenses and a laptop loaded.

So you're not flying then...

Some people might say I was . . .

Some people said that about me the last time I was on a motorcycle.

I was, for a short time, until I hit the ground...

Ouch. Hope you didn't get hurt too bad.

Broken ankle, serious bruising, on sticks for twelve weeks, off work for
sixteen, some nerve damage, I still get twinges when it's going to rain...

Oh yes, a seriously dead BMW flat twin (it bounced off the car and across
the street and into a wall), a pair of jeans and wax cotton jacket in
shreds.

The lady got out of her car, looked down at me, said 'Sorry, I didn't see
you', got back into her car and drove off leaving me in the hands of
passing bystanders and outside a shop which, fortunately, is run by an old
friend.

Still, she got seven points on her license and a huge fine, three points
for 'driving without due care' and four for 'leaving the scene of an
accident'.

I got an ambulance ride and a lot of police interviews, followed by a
substantial cheque about a year later...

--
William Black

Time for tea.