Old January 14th, 2004, 10:31 AM
Icono Clast

Default Carry-ons (Opinions?)

"Jim Davis Sr." wrote:
What's your opinion on carry-ons.
I travel for business, and check my tools & suitcase. I carry on my
Computer Case. I can't believe the amount of things that people try to
stuff into the overheads. If I put my case under the seat, I have to sit
with my legs in my chest. It goes up. I'll move it in an unusual
circumstance, but not for the half dozen people toting 2 or 3 fairly large
bags. And no matter what people think, the Airlines DON'T enforce the 1 bag
rule.

I don't carry ANY thing 'cept maybe something to read.

I don't understand why people burden themselves on the long walks to
and from the gangways and then trouble their fellow passengers by
blocking an aisle. I just don't get it. When they're a bit early have
have to go to the toilet, they ask strangers to "watch my bag" not
knowing whether that stranger is going to disappear with it. I just
don't get it.

On departure, the first thing I do is get rid of my bag. On arrival,
the last thing I do is get my bag. Hell, I don't need it at an airport
nor even 'tween the airport and the hotel. All I really need with me
is a passport, a credit card, a bit of cash and, if I'm renting a car,
a license to drive (I don't burden myself with that if I'm not going
to drive).

When travelling standby and maybe having long waits thus possibly
needing my toothbrush and comb, I'll take those things out of the
suitcase but not anything else.

Some people seem to think their time's SO valuable that they have to
burden themselves, inconvenience strangers, and risk a back injury yet
I have often departed in a car or taxi before they. I just don't get
it.

When travelling First Class, I'm usually among the last to board and
first to debark while others are struggling with their stuff. I just
don't get it.

[Ah, I feel better now. Thanks for the therapeutic question.]
A San Franciscan in 47.335 mile² San Francisco
http://geocities.com/dancefest/ http://geocities.com/iconoc/
ICQ: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/19098103 IClast at SFbay Net