Old January 14th, 2004, 11:30 AM
None

Default Carry-ons (Opinions?)

It's the "me" generation causing all the problems. Travelers don't want YOU
to carry on anything that might get in THEIR way because they feel that all
the overhead space on board is theirs bought and paid for - included in
their 79 dollar ticket!

My biggest pet peeve is those damn strollers! These yuppies that show up at
the gate with their kid strapped to their back in a sling and a double-wide
cadillac stroller filled to the brim with bags and bull****!

ALL STROLLERS should be banned except for the umbrella type that fold up
very small. All other should be taken away at the ticket counter. Have you
ever seen a gate agent try to check a 50 pound stroller at the gate and get
it down them damn stairs to the belly of the plane? And all the while the
breeder parents are bitching about "don't scratch it" or they look at them
like it's their job to put up with their junk.

Airlines don't enforce the carry-on rules because they won't do it
uniformly. If one airline does it, they fear loosing customers to another
airline that does not. It's going to take the FAA/TSA to put the screws to
carry-on abuse so the airlines will be off the hook in the eyes of ****ed
off passengers.

Anyone who travels to south america or the caribbean has seen the sheer
LOADS those people carry on board. Not just last week I saw a bag get
inspected at the gate because it was too large for starters, but also
because the bag was stained indicating something inside was leaking. When
they opened it up....low and behold the contents was the front half of a
TRANSMISSION for an old Buick, wrapped in paper towels!!!! Best guess was
the other half already made it on board in a traveling companion's bag. How
would you like THAT to come flying at your head in heavy turbulence when the
overhead bin shakes open?

Once, I even saw a woman raising holy hell in San Diego because security
screeners had denied her bag containing her dead dog who died during
vacation. She thought she should be able to shove the carcass in a carry on
bag and haul it on board to drag it home to bury it . . .stink and all!

There is no end in sight!