Old August 31st, 2013, 10:22 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Surreyman[_3_]

Default The Gower - any personal thoughts?

On Friday, August 30, 2013 11:07:40 PM UTC+1, Martin wrote:
On Fri, 30 Aug 2013 05:33:18 -0700 (PDT), Surreyman

wrote:

We're shortly to spend some time in the Gower.

I've done all the maps and obvious internet guides etc.

Are there any personal tips out there beyond the normally featured?

I used to be corrected by locals, when I called it The Gower. It's The

Gower Peninsula.

--

Martin in Zuid Holland

You dare to correct a Welshman? But, yeh, you're right! The full name is rarely used. Strictly, it's just "Gower" - use it like a town name.