Old March 22nd, 2014, 04:03 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ray Goldenberg Ray Goldenberg is offline
Banned

Default Any Wifi on cruise?

In article ,
Brian wrote:

On Mon, 03 Mar 2014 23:01:22 -0600, wrote:

the fact that you are at sea I really dont see how a cell phone will
help you. lets say something bad were to happen and you got a phone
call saying someone had died. What are you going to do jump ship and
swwim back? or would you have to wait til you got to a port then get a
flight back more than likely several flights, including any travel
time to the airport and then having to wait for the flight and then
any layovers and then a taxi ride to your destination you could in
fact just finish your cruise and be home quicker or about the same
time. so what will a cell phone do besides ruin a good vacation? not
alot

Apparently you have never been involved in a situation where your
input was essential.

NOBODY'S input is THAT essential that one can't take a break for a week.

That you think so, is a sign of how scared you are that people DON'T
need your input.

Or had anyone you cared about.

That's fine, but as he said: what are you going to do about it in the
middle of the ocean? Swim back?

Yes, if we had found out that one of our mothers were dying, we would
have interrupted the trip and flown back.

If you knew your mother was going to die, would you have taken the trip
in the first place?