Old January 19th, 2005, 11:55 PM
Raffi Balmanoukian

in article , Alan at
wrote on 1/19/05 5:48 AM:

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 12:22:34 +1000, "A Mate"
wrote:

|Internet access is available almost everywhere (even at the Shire Library in
|Birdsvllle!) at reasonable prices.

It does exist in Birdsville, but trust me, the price is reasonable only
when one considers the tyranny of distance!

|I've never seen a public phone booth with a modem plug-in! Perhaps they
|exist (I've never actually looked for one either!).

I've seen a couple in airports, but that's it.

|Most motels and other mid-range up accommodation places have modem jacks in
|each room.

I just stayed in one place that had a jack built in to a table lamp! You
had to supply your own cord, however.