Old August 28th, 2004, 01:21 AM
Dave Patterson

East Africa wrote:

Hi,

Can anyone give me an idea of how much a safari in tanzania will cost?
Me and my girlfriend are planning to visit this east african country
in November and will be staying there for a week. I checked the
websites, but they have outrageous prices. I am looking for a budget
safari that shouldnt cost more than $1000 for both of us. We are
interested in doing the Serengati safari.

For starters, park fees will be $30 per day
for each of you.
6 days on safari = $360

The vehicle and driver/guide will cost
at least $150 to $170 per day.
6 days on safari = $900

Lodge rates, which include all meals,
even at the moderate places
will be at least $150 per night.
(Better lodges are more than $200)
6 days on safari = $900

Your thought of having a Tanzania safari
for $1000 total for 2 people is an impossibility.
You can't even do it for $1000 per person
unless you are part of a larger group where
the vehicle costs are shared.