Old October 2nd, 2004, 12:34 AM
Miss L. Toe

Default Insurance fails to pay up.

OK I don't know the details but this doesn't sound very nice:
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...153942,00.html

TEENAGER OWES HOSPITAL £30,000

A British teenager stranded in Turkey after a holiday accident will be flown
home by her insurance company - but they are refusing to pay her medical
bills.

Sarah Webster, 18, who fell 30ft from a balcony at her hotel in the resort
of Marmaris, owes the hospital £30,000 after extensive surgery.

She is now being forced to sell her showjumping pony in order to settle the
hospital bill.

Her claim failed to meet the terms of her Post Office travel insurance but
the company has decided to fly her home as an act of compassion.

Sarah, from Cricklade in Wiltshire, had surgery on one of her legs which had
been too swollen to operate on immediately after the fall.

A statement issued by the Post Office said: "We have every sympathy for Ms
Webster's plight, and because of the special circumstances, we have been
looking sympathetically at this case and are keen to help the family.

"As an act of compassion, the Post Office has offered to fly Sarah home when
the medical experts agree that it's safe to do so."